Monday 27 June 2011

My First 1750 army. A good playtest Army?
























This article is to talk about my first 1750 40K army I collected Space Marines. This army has been to a few competitions and has had a 3rd place at 750 points. This army was chosen from buying the assault on Black Reach box set and built up to be a fine collection.


The question now is what do I do with this army now I have played it a lot of times and moved on from this list. It is quite simple. Use it as a playtest army for future armies.


How many times have you built an army and then got to games or tournaments and realised the army does not fit to suit? I know I have had this with my Necrons and it leads to having models that you do not use. A good alternative? Have an army which contains most types of units and copies the trend in 5th edition and get a friend to play out a game against your army list using spare models or even better models of a simular size to test how the army will work against different scenarios.


The Space Marine list I have above contains: A average HQ plain basic Captain, A 'death star' unit (terminators in a Land Raider), Deep Striking Units (Drop Pod, Dreadnought), Transports, and Infeltrating Scout Units. This will allow me think. How will my army deal with each scenario covered. My Imperial Guard Army was built with this in mind and also my project armies (Eldar and Raven Guard) are all playtested against this list.


Thought I would post this on here as a little suggestion of what you can do with armies that you have maybe sitting around gaining dust.


Do you think this list is a good playtest army? Comment bellow...

No comments:

Post a Comment