Thursday 30 June 2011

New Project: IC hobby Progress Challenge



Hey guys I have entered the Inependent Characters Hobby Progress Challange. This is primaraly focused on the non gaming side which is a good thing. I always stress an army should be painted before playing it on the battlefield. There is not a lot worse in my opinion than after you have spent hours on your models that your oponent turns up with grey models.

Anyway off the rant. The army I have chose to build is Raven Guard the requirments are that the army should be 1850 and have at least a 400 point sideboard which doesn't have to be fitted into force org etc etc...

The List is as follows.

Raven Guard "Glass Hammer" 1850



HQ
Shike




Chaplian with Jump Pack




Troops




10man Tactical Squad




10man Tactical Squad




10man Tactical Squad
5 man Scout Squad




Fast Attack




5 man Venguard Veteran Squad (Lightning Claw, Storm Shield, Jump Packs)




10 man Assault Squad




10 man Assault Squad




Dedicated Transports




3x Drop Pods




The list itself is completly different to what I have ever played before. I normally play mech or Terminators so I left both of them out. I nicknamed the army glass hammer because it is potentially hard hitting but if you hit the wrong things with the wrong squads the list falls appart. It is also very fast. Very Eldar like...






My Sideboard was very hard to come to a good one but I think I got it.






  • 1-5 Venguard Veterans. Same layout as list. This allows me to expand further than 1850




  • Shadow Captain Karvydae. Forge World model which allows Assault Marines to be troops if the army has one Scout Squad




  • 2 x 10 man Assault Squads. These can be added in as troops in replacement of the tactical squads.
I have a link t0 the thread on the forum which is www.theindependentcharacters.com/forums/viewtopic.php.?f=52&t=1865&start=10
The details of the list, tactics, and logic behind my list choices will be revealed in due course.

My first Article will be on Scouts and how you can possibly use them in your Space Marine Lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment